Thursday, October 12, 2017

SPOTLIGHT THIS WEEK

Hello Everybody! I recently had a event happened to me that made me decide to do a weekly spotlight blog. I wanted to write a blog about a public figure, company, or product that is PRO Christianity. I have had a real problem with the media for some time now. The media betrays Christians as self righteous, unforgiving, manipulative, and hateful people. The media will show "Christians" that have done something terrible, another popular thing they do is, after a tragedy they are always sure to include if it was a Christian or not. The media has portrayed Christians in such a terrible way it sickens me. They never show the incredible deeds of Christians. I have a older lady at my church who gives EVERYTHING back to the community, but you will never hear about that. However, if she was to do something terrible it would be the first thing on the news, and then they group ALL Christians together, because you know, if one does something stupid that means all of us would do that. It sickens me. A popular topic amongst the Christian community is the attendance of church and how it has dropped, not to mention faith in generally. A lot of young people aren't turning to faith anymore. We then blame it on technology or the young people themselves and this surprises me. It surprises me that we have never pointed a finger at the media!! The way the media portrays Christians it is a surprise anyone outside of a Christian family decides to follow Christ. The media doesn't do our community justice, we aren't perfect by no stretch of the imagination, but I know I have never come across a Christian like the media portrays us. It is time we take a STAND! My feelings on this subject hit a new boiling point a few weeks ago, I went to the store to do some shopping, I wandered into a miscellaneous aisle. In this aisle I found a shelf entirely dedicated to water bottles. There were four to choose from. A generic blue one, a superhero one, one with a cat on it and one with a bible verse. I couldn't believe it, the bible verse one was the only one that hadn't sold. The other ones were almost gone, but the bible verse one was completely stocked. Something wouldn't allow me to leave that aisle without picking up one of these water bottles. I couldn't believe that people would have rather bought a bottle with a cat on it rather than a bible verse, but then again I couldn't blame them either, everyone loves cats and online you can't go anywhere without hearing about how great cats are. I wondered why cant Jesus have this same attention? So I happily bought the bottle, it didn't cost that much and I knew I could find a use for it. So a week goes by and I take my bottle with me to the gym where I have it filled with water. At the gym a man approached me, he said" I can't believe you are using that bottle." To which I responded" I'm sorry if it offends you, that wasn't my attentions, I just love Jesus and I don't want to hide that." His response truly shocked me. He said' No it doesn't offended me, I am a Christian myself, its just that I wouldn't bring something like that to the gym people are going to think you are crazy and that you are above everyone."...... So this is what it has come to? Someone in our own community was scared to proclaim his love for our Lord and Savior, how can we expect these younger kids without a strong Christian family to find their way to our Lord? The story of the man at the gym angered me to the point I had to write about it. I want our community to come together and UNITE and put a end to the negative media we get. I don't want anyone to be afraid to proclaim their love for Jesus. This is why I will be doing a weekly spotlight and a public figure/company/product that proudly speaks positive of their Christian roots. It is up to us to support these public figures/companies/products, if we support these public entities then the media will catch on, our peers will see YOU supporting Christianity and they will connect you with Christianity and not what they see on the media. The young people will be able to see that the media doesn't portray what Christians really are! Lets do this guys! I just got a new energy in me, a new motivation! Lets get this product in the top 10 selling list, that way when people look at what is popular they will see that us Christians are here and we LOVE our Lord and nothing is going to turn us away! Maybe that is me being optimistic, but I just wanna show the world that we are one with him! I believe in you guys, I believe in us, I believe that we are fighting the good fight. They can't keep us down any longer! We will spread our love of Christ, after all everyone deserves a relationship with Jesus! We can do it guys!

Is there any public figure/company/product that you know about that supports Christianity? Well email me and we will blog about them! Is there a topic you wanna see me blog about? Email me and we can discuss it! Do you or someone you know need a prayer? I will gladly pray for you or anyone else! I am also here to talk to anyone about anything that is bothering them! We are family! I love you guys so much! You can contact me at this EMAIL: mercylovechrist@yahoo.com.Please bookmark my blog so you can get back on it easier!Lets spread the faith! I will be more than glad to help you guys however I can! You can follow me on TWITTER here: @mercylovechrist and Instagram here: mercylovechrist .This is our blog guys! Feel free to talk to me about whatever! May God bless everyone that reads this blog and bring them prosperity and health and love and joy! Talk to you guys soon!
UPDATE: So I was looking for the bottle online in case any of you guys wanted to support the cause. It took me a while to find but I finally found it and at a cheaper price(I actually bought two more for my parents)! This is actually one of my favorite verses, and I have actually used it a lot! Here it is: 
What do you guys think of the bottle? Do you already have it? Did you purchase it?

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning brother in Christ. Keep posting these powerful posts. they are truly inspiring and uplifting for our family in Christ Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete