Sunday, October 1, 2017

YOU ARE WORTHY YOU ARE LOVED

Hello all! I would like to explain why I created this blog. For a while now I noticed the increasing absence of young adults from the church. I realize that this is a problem the churches have been dealing with for a while, however, a few weeks ago it really got to me. It didn't get to me because I wanted the church to  be packed full so I can feel good about my church. It wasn't even the fact that our pastor works his tail off all week to prepare the sermon, just to deliver it to the same folks week in and week out. None of these reasons are the reasons why it got to me. It got to me because this is peoples ETERNAL life we are talking about! I love my community, I love everyone, and it bothers me terribly to think about all the young adults I know and to think they are missing out on the most wonderful thing there is. I understand that church isn't the only way to get your fix of faith, I understand that, I understand with the technology today, there are plenty of ways to get your fix for the week. I know it is easy to say that this generation is impatient, but I didn't want to believe that, I had to get to the bottom as to why every year it seems less young adults come to church. The following story is the reason why I created this blog. I wanted to get answers from young adults, I wanted to get their story. Are they impatient or has the media persecuted Christians to the point it has turned away a generation from Christianity. I started to speak to young adults and asked why they didn't come to church. I asked them if they felt it was a dated process that they can online at the comfort of their own home. Did they not care or have faith? Most of the kids I asked said that they preferred watching a online sermon every Sunday. Whether this is true or not, I don't know, but I took them on their word, I just pray that whoever they are watching on Sunday..? Another answer I got was that their parents didn't go so they didn't bother, but they and their parents believed. Then, I got the most disturbing response. A couple of young adults/teenagers said they didn't think they were worthy of the Lord, they didn't know how they could possibly be loved because they weren't perfect. They wanted to be saved but they were scared of the reactions and the judgement of others because they didn't feel "worthy". I couldn't believe what I heard. I asked them what would make them think this way, wherever they were getting their gospel it wasn't being preached to them correctly. They said on TV and social media people like them are constantly being turned away from faith. Are you kidding me?! I tried to tell them that none of that is true. These guys haven't committed unforgivable sins rather they said they could never be perfect. This saddens me terribly because I know they aren't alone, most kids think this way. They think this way because of the technology that is disposable to them. Then some churches proceed to condemn them for not going to church and they can't find peace, or a place to learn. So, I proceeded to tell them their was only one person to ever be perfect and that was Jesus Christ! We all sin. They have never heard this before. They didn't know where or how to get started with their faith. So I told them to go to Church. However, they didn't feel comfortable with that, they told me thanks for caring but they will never be able to start this journey of faith. So I decided I wasn't going to see these young adults be turned away from faith, nor anyone else that struggles with self doubt. That feel as if they will never be good enough. So I created this blog to reach those that need help! I don't claim to be all knowing, in fact I am far from it. But I do love all of you and I want you to have a relationship with our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I love you guys and I am here for all of you! You guys are all WORTHY and are all LOVED! I am here for all of you, you can reach me at this EMAIL: mercylovechrist@yahoo.com Connect with me on TWITTER here:@mercylovechrist. If you need someone to pray for you I will gladly do that for you, if you are questioning your faith I will gladly do all I can to help, or if you just need someone to talk to I am here! I will be posting a lot of content with hopes to help everyone! Email me subjects YOU wanna talk about! This isn't my blog this is OUR blog! Lets spread FAITH and LOVE! Please pin this website and share it to your friends! I love you guys God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment